My progress

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday I took the day off work. DH and I decided we would clean up the garage and get rid of some crud and let me tell you we kicked arse at this. The garage now has hardly any stuff in it and what is there is stuff we are likely to use. We got rid of heaps of things to the dump and we're very proud of ourselves. I also cleaned the house, properly, and tidied up heaps of stuff i've been wanting to tackle for a long time now.

It looks amazing. You don't realise how much you can get done without a 2 year old around!!

We're having my Mum's Partner's 60th here on Sunday so we went to Shindigs and got heaps of decorations and a balloon kit so we can put up helium balloons. I will take photos once we've decorated, it should look good.

Today we're cleaning up out the back for tomorrow and then going to my girlfriend's 40th this afternoon at Nobby's Surf Club. We got her a half day pass at Serenity Lodge for her birthday. I think she'll love it.

I'm not exercising but i'm doing so much incidental stuff I reckon I probably don't need to. Back to the exercise bike on Monday morning.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love throwing stuff out. It feels good to get rid of the crap. Hope the parties go well and you have a great weekend. The incidental exercise sure adds up when you're doing heavy work like that.

Sienna said...

It is sooo good for you to get rid of clutter. I believe that clutter really can make you sick. Everyone I know who has a dirty house, or a cluttered house always gets sick!
Your Mum's birthday sounds like it's going to be fantastic, what a great daughter you are!
It's my Mum's birthday tomorrow!

Chris H said...

Damn and blast, now you've made me thing we should clean out our garage too! Yeah thanks for that...lol ! I hope you have a wonderful couple of parties, you lucky thing ! You are no doubt right about the exercise, sound to me like you are just a little dynamo.

Anonymous said...

Last Monday, I took my casual leave for cleaning purposes of my apartment. I did some changed in my bedroom’s furniture, washed a heap of clothes, clean my shoes (which were actually too tidy), washed my car, throw away the cartoons which belongs to the TV set, washing machine and dishwasher, I bought recently.

Chris H said...

My garage is done now too, thanks for the inspiration! NOw don't go deciding to paint your house or fence or dig a hole for a swimming pool ok? lol

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh I'm jealous!
I wish I could take the day off to do these like that! Ha ha ha ha

Hope you have a good week Bri!

xoxo
Michelle

michelle said...

Hope the 60th went well. I ma trying to picture the garage empty after my last visit!! Sounds like a fun weekend.

Mary said...

Hope you had a FAB weekend! I love chucking out myself and think I'm about due for another cull.

Zanna said...

Might get rid of a few things while Bloss is gone - he's a terrible hoarder - but also not very observant so could probably do a bit of a clear out without him even realising I've ditched the stuff.