My progress

Saturday, July 21, 2007

AWOL

I've been AWOL, sorry. Lot's going on and I have just been being a sad sack really.

My second blood test showed the levels going down (down to 3 now and was 16 at the start of the week). The doctor rang me today. I thought I was okay but after I spoke to her I got all upset again. Bloody hormones.

Our new bed got delivered today. We've chosen the carpet and lino and that should get laid in about three or four weeks. The house will look nicer once this is all done. Now I just have to convince my father to come and paint the loungeroom and kitchen for me in preparation for selling the house.

Counselling with dh on Thursday went well and we're both really happy with the outcome. We've made another appointment for 2 weeks and in the meantime we have 'homework' of having a weekly meeting with forethought about topics we want to discuss.

DS is currently watching Dora the Explorer - he loves it. We went to the video shop and hired it. I also got 'Kenny' and 'Kinky Boots'. Last night dh brought around Rocky Balboa (cheese plus and totally predictable - with all the flash backs they didn't have to do much filming for the new movie! haha) and some other movie I didn't get time to watch with Robert De Niro and Matt Damon maybe? Hmmm - obviously I just wasn't interested. I've been very tired and I now have a dreadful throat/head cold thing. When I wake up in the morning I can't talk for about an hour til my voice gets warmed up.

Today i've done all the washing, swept and hoovered, put the old bed out in the shed and hoovered underneath where the old bed was (dust bunnies plus), put all my clothes away, dusted, put all of DS's toys in the toy room, but haven't cleaned that up yet - it's a poo fight in there, washed the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, folded a heap of towels and linen and put them in the linen cupboard and this afternoon I had a nanna nap on my new bed. It's much higher than the old one and I feel like I need a seatbelt - just joking! But it is higher up.

Couldn't be bothered cooking dinner so DS and I had Red Rooster (DS calls it Cock the Rooster! hehe). I will do my groceries tomorrow so that I can have healthy food in the house for next week. I really need to start eating better and exercising. The treadmill is just collecting dust at the moment in the loungeroom. Come on Chris i'm sure you'll have something to say about that!!! hehehe.

I tried on the ballgown again today and it's a tighter fit than last week, the scales aren't up at all but I haven't been drinking much water, so i'm trying to fix that now. I couldn't even get the zip all the way up. Yikes.

I had a look at the DFO on Friday but they didn't have anything that either:

a) my boobs fit into, or
b) was in my price range

Bummer.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Me, have a go at you??? NEVER! Sounds like you are doing enough around the house in the way of exercise to me! Maybe when you have got the house sorted I will tell ya off for letting the treadmill gather dust though. They are NOT ORNAMENTS to be admired from the bloody couch eh??? And they are NOT AIRING RACKS for the damp clothes either!! Or Frames for pretend tents for the kid to hide under.... darn I probably just gave you an idea or two ..... get off your butt next week and get on it, make it MOVE even! Hope you are having a decent weekend, take a break from the housework and remember to relax too, you are still recovering ya know? Next week - treadmill.

abc said...

Dear beautiful sad sack. sounds like you are taking one day at a time, and that you are going to be. I'm so sorry life is sad for you right now. I'm glad the session with DH went well and DS is just a little ray of sunshine isn't he? Tell him he is lucky there are such wonderful videos around. When my son was DH's age there wasn't much like that.Then of course when I was DH's age my parents were so poor my mother made m wooden blocks of different sizes and paineted them in the prioary colours so I had 'blocks' to play with LOL. I did like them! But we never even had a video player back then. I hope your Sunday is a good one Beautiful Bri. I'm thinking of you lots.

Suzy said...

Hormones should be banned!

I agree - all that houswork sounds like plenty of exercise to me.

Zanna said...

Hey girl - so admire you for the way you just keep moving forward a bit at a time. And give your hormones a break - you've had an awful lot of things happen in your life lately and a tear or two sometimes just eases the tension and pressure. Take care
Z xx

angelfish24 said...

Sound like you are getting exercise thru all that you are doing around the house! I actually loathe getting on the treadmill. Would rather exercise outside or at the gym on the elliptical or just walking or swimming. Hope your blood levels go back to normal soon. Glad to hear the counseling is going good. It is hard to examine our life and each other but it does good in the end, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't get on ya... you're going after yourself enough for the both of us. Take care. Breathe.