My progress

Sunday, February 4, 2007

A true lightbulb moment.

Sometimes we know things, deep down inside but we ignore them or we don't have the faith in ourselves to truly believe and then one day we get a reminder, sometimes its a small reminder and not enough to change us, just a gentle reminder. Other times it comes as such a huge slap in the face you can't ignore it, there is no second guessing - you know you've just been given a sign.

Last night I had a life changing moment. Bear with me, i'm getting to the point ...

I have always believed in positive thinking, in believing in myself and knowing that I can get anything I want. I guess over the last few years a lot of things have happened to me that have suppressed my inner self, I stopped having faith in my inner self and I started doubting everything, my intelligence, my sense of self, my self worth. When you become a parent the last person you look after is yourself.

First of all you have to look after this gorgeous helpless little human being that you've created. You feel a love you've never felt before in your entire life and you succumb to this love and give your all, to someone else. Apart from that you have to look after your husband who is now second - whether he likes it or not - and he knows it - and he's pissed off about it, but you don't care! You don't really have time to look after him, let alone yourself.

Last night I started watching The Secret. Did you see it? If you didn't - go out and get yourself a copy. It's amazing and was my 'slap in the face'. I can't ignore this. I knew all of these things already I had just forgotten that I need to have faith in myself, visualise what I want, and truly believe it and it WILL happen.

I feel like a different person today. I have my positive attitude back. I KNOW in my heart that I can do anything and that nothing bad is ever going to happen to me again. I have control and i'm going to use it.

Watch this space, great things are about to happen.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Go you! I'm reading this post and picturing a very Wonder Woman-eque Bri :)

Chris H said...

I will check out "the secret", sound good to me.

Anonymous said...

Ha - ok I just spent like a half hour figuring out what the secret was...I was half expecting it to be religious but was surprised at the result.

I am glad you feel all super-powah!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

I am so glad you are feeling the power within babe, there is no better feeling :-)

Margaret said...

Yaaay you. It is a hard thing to take the power back and give yourself permission to do things for yourself when you have other people who are dependant on you.

You are worth taking care of and knowing that it is possible to have a positive world.

I'll be watching :)

Jadey said...

The Secret huh! I am going to have to go find that. Sounds good to me. Anything that gives you that wake up is fantastic! Looking forward to seeing you go forward in leaps and bounds

Sue said...

Great things are going to happen because YOU will make them happen.