My progress

Friday, February 2, 2007

Still hanging in there.

It's Friday, thank goodness! This has been a long week and I had Monday off!! I have to do two interviews today for a replacement for the girl who is leaving. The person we hire won't be doing the same job, I have to take that on because it's a very difficult position and it wouldn't be fair to chuck someone in to that position straight away.

It's going to be fairly unpleasant for at least the next three months while we train up the new person, once we eventually get someone that is. We put an ad in last Saturday's paper and didn't get many responses, so we've put it in again for tomorrow and next Wednesday. Fingers crossed we get a few more responses and I can find someone suitable.

Not smoking is going pretty well. I really felt like a cigarette yesterday. It was very busy at work and i'm a bit stressed right now. I worked back until 8.30pm last night as we are just so busy and I need to get heaps of stuff done before next Wednesday which is the last day for the girl who is leaving. I'm not looking forward to it.

So, today is day 4 of not smoking. I've been taking the nicotine patch off at night and the dreams are still happening but they're not quite so vivid. I've also felt like smoking more so maybe next time I buy them i'll get the 16 hour ones, they might make a difference?

Foodwise, i'm not doing very well, but i'm not worrying about it until next week. Once I have stopped smoking for a week i'll get back to planning meals and snacks. It doesn't help that we haven't done any groceries this week. Big mistake!! I'm still taking point friendly snacks to work, but it didn't help that one of the guys at work brought Tim Tams in and they were the double coated ones too!! Yummo. I only had two, so it could have been much worse.

I will definitely get back to better eating once we've shopped and i'm a bit more organised.

13 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh Bri you are doing so well... it is usually the first few days that are the hardest... Keep up the fantastic work....
I know you can do it... i know you want to kik the habit not just for you but for everyone around you....
Try not to stress about work too much... I know easy for me to say...
But it isnt going to help if you are out of your mind with stress...
Try and get some quality you time in there too...
You will need a holiday soon ... hmm what about tasmania..i hear it is a beautiful place with lots of good Scotch... And I hear Ballentines is the flavour of the month at the moment too....

Kathryn said...

Well done with the not smoking. And stopping at 2 tim tams - that's tops.

Leighanne said...

You are doing so well, especially with the stresses at work:)

Cinders said...

Well done with the no smoking so far. My hubby quit this week also. (I gave up 3 years ago but plan on taking it up again when I'm 60)...
Now being 40 hmmmm - truthfully, I've never remembered my sis and 2 sil's looking so good and being as healthy as they have in the last couple of years (44, 42 & 44) so I know it's not all bad. I actually took about 3 years to get used to turning 30 so maybe that's whats bugging me. It wont be so bad I suppose (ask me in a couple of weeks). Have a great no smoking weekend x

Zanna said...

You're doing fantastically well - and I honestly believe the first few days are the worst - keep yourself busy on the weekend.
Cheers
Z
xx

Margaret said...

Way to go on not smoking Bri. You are doing really well. It is tough watching others go out, and the whole habit of wanting to pop outside and not be in front of the pc is also something that you will be dealing with.

But hang in there. You are doing such a good thing for yourself.

Hope you have a good, peaceful, smoke free weekend.
xx

Yummy Mummy said...

You almost want to make me wear the patches... I like dreaming and the more vivid the better... sounds almost fun???
Seriously you are doing well.. I have never been a serious smoker.. just the odd few drags when with friends how smoked.. I thought it looked cool, but I could never really drag on them the right way, I don't think it ever went down to my lungs... my friends used to call it comething and I just can't quite remember what... anyway, I am a failed smoker before I even begun!!
Have a great weekend!

Yummy Mummy said...

You almost want to make me wear the patches... I like dreaming and the more vivid the better... sounds almost fun???
Seriously you are doing well.. I have never been a serious smoker.. just the odd few drags when with friends how smoked.. I thought it looked cool, but I could never really drag on them the right way, I don't think it ever went down to my lungs... my friends used to call it comething and I just can't quite remember what... anyway, I am a failed smoker before I even begun!!
Have a great weekend!

Kellee said...

Good on you, dude. Don't they say it takes 2 weeks to make a habit of something? Maybe you just need to get through those first two weeks to be in the habit of not smoking. You're doing so well. I know it really sucks, but hang in there.

Just try to leave work at work and switch off as much as you can when you're at home, otherwise you'll go nuts!

Chris H said...

Keep up the not smoking ... and double chocolate Tim Tams, oh my god, me mouth is watering just thinking about them! BOO HOO

Mary said...

How good are you with the smoking! Well done and I hope it gets easier real soon. Getting organised with your food will definitely help.

Man, I was so angry today that I went out for a passive smoke with a colleague and it did the job! Yep, I'm serious. I think I'm addicted to passive smoking. How sad really LOL.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend and NOT think about work!

Sandii said...

let's just stick with one massive life style change a time hey? you are doing such a good job not smoking! it's great.

the food part will come when you have the smoking part sorted, don't stress. any little blow outs are expected and worthwhile considering the healthy change you're making for all of you!

keep up the excellent work.

speaking of work, what is it you do??
x

Sally JPA said...

Congratulations on going without cigarettes!