My progress

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Update on the new eating plan.....

With this "6 week solution" diet we have a meeting every Monday night, i'm not learning anything new except that the lady running the show isn't able to answer many of the questions brought up by the group. We paid $99 for this so I would have thought they would be a bit more knowledgeable!! I already had the book so I could have done this on my own really, but I thought they would help us with more than "I don't know" answers. Anyway, I digress (no surprises there really!!).

This week we have gone up to 1600 cals a day (last week was 1200 cals a day) and so they've told us to excpect a weight gain...... bummer ..... just when I was doing so well.

Once again i'm feeling like this is too much food for me. I'll show you what i'm eating for an example.

Breakfast
1 x multigrain toast
2 tbspns grated mozerella
85 g ham
1 cup skim milk
1 x 200g diet yoghurt
4 x strawberries

Morning tea
1 cup grated carrot
95g tin tuna (I had salmon cos I hate tuna, but I did eat it last week *gag*)

Lunch
3 cups mixed greens
175 g ham
2 cooked egg whites
1 tbspn skim milk fetta
free salad dressing
1 cup capsicum

Afternoon tea
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup rockmelon

Dinner
150g diet mince
1/2 cup canned tomato
1/2 cup kidney beans
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 small onion
1/2 cup wholemeal pasta cooked

This food really really fills you up. I guess cos it's a lot of protein. I have only just finished my morning tea so I probably won't be eating my lunch until 3pm and then I have to fit in afternoon tea AND dinner!!

At least i'm not snacking when I get home in the afternoons this way, cos I usually have afternoon tea just before I go home, or sometimes when I get home. It's just such a struggle to eat all this food - and I thought I was a pig who could eat anything! LOL.

10 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wow.. that does sound like alot of food Bri...
and alot of preparation...
How do you manage it!!
Oh I managed to eat some camambert today... and a caramello koala and 4 cadbury favorites...
I have been so naughty this week it is going to be amazing if I dont gain a kilo... hahaha

Mary said...

Hey Bri, good luck and have fun with the new plan! I understand needing a new motivation. Shame about the person running it but hoepfully you'll get motivated by turning up and talking with the others :-)

Yummy Mummy said...

that is a heap of nice healthly food... great that there is no room for snacking..

good luck with it!

Chris H said...

Oi chickee babe, I sent you an e mail just now... I would LOVE to meet up with you !!!! I forgot to check my emails over the last week!!! So sorry you thought I'd maybe not want to meet you! NOTHING could be further from the truth! Roll on Saturday mate, I hope we meet you too.

Jules said...

Wow, you would barely have time to do anything other than go to the loo!! All sounds delicious and yummy though.

I am finding with my gluten free approach that I am having to "think" alot more about my food choices which is making me eat healthier by default.

abc said...

Wow, I admire your dedication to sticking with this Bri. Good for you. Do you feel better and fitter and stronger? I'd be really cross that the lady doesn't knwo the anser to your questions. For $99 and a special program I think it is reasonable to expect she could. Does she at least write them down and answer them the next time the group meets???
Keep up the good work!

angelfish24 said...

Sound like a good bit of food. I think I need more protein so I'm not craving those carbs I love.

What is capsicum? Seems we eat a little differently around here but some the same too.

Good luck on your 6 wk diet. It is prob. good to switch the calorie counts around to keep your body guessing. Have a great week!

Margaret said...

Yeah *gag* on the tuna with you.. Yuck.

I really think you are amazing and I want to say I envy you your drive at the moment, but envy is the wrong word. I just think you are fantastic and I wish I was that into it at the moment.

I have done a quick catch up and
Happy Mothers Day
Pink IS hot
Protein rocks
You rock
Your scales are funny
New plans = new motivation
Speak up and get your moneys worth
AND
You are amazing.

Suzy said...

Can't wait to see how you go after six weeks. The scales seem to be well and truly coming down don't they. Well done!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Sorry to dissapoint you Bri.. hahaha
But the way i am going I will gain again this week too..omg I cant stop eating!
Something is wrong with my belly again...grrrrr
I still have half that wheel of camembert too..and I gave about a third of it to mum.. so I have been good with that...
Have a gr8 time catching up with Chris... I spoke to her tonight.. she sounds very excited to be catching up with you.. Give her a big hug for me... ;o)
have a gr8 weekend and keep up the fantastic work with the weightloss...