My progress

Monday, January 8, 2007

and so it begins ...

Day one.

I'm feeling pretty good and I really think i'm ready to knuckle down and get my weight sorted out. I have already had a friendly SMS reminder about my new beginning today (thanks Kellee). It's so great to have such fantastic people on my side.

I just worked out my 'new start' Excel spreadsheet and if I lose 500 gms per week I can get to 62 kilos by the end of August. Wow! I can't even imagine being in the 60's never mind being down that low. So I have 16 kilos to lose. Yes after being so good over Christmas and New Year and actually losing weight, I have regained those couple of kilos and then some in the last week of over-indulgence. I'm not sure how because I was walking a lot and not really eating all that much, but maybe it's fluid retention or something, fingers crossed. This morning the scales were very rude and told me that I now weigh 78.1 kilos. So I called them a bad name and said "that will be the last time I weight this much- nurr nurr".

I am starting a blog for tracking my food/points, water and exercise every day. It will be pretty boring but if you want to check it out i'll link it on the side bar. I'm also going to start a recipe blog and will link that too. So, I hope that my motivation stays high and my weight goes low and I hope the same for all of you!

Ciao.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Go Team Bri! I wrote a whole post here and then lost it and one of the boys has just woken up so I can't write a big long one now, but I just wanted to say that we are all on your side, and that I'm happy to still be the captain of your cheersquad. You can do it!

Zanna said...

Hi Briony,

Thanks for the link. Fascinated by your stats - they're almost identical to mine. Restarted last week at 78.6, 77 today, aiming to lose 16.6kgs to take me to 62. Have also done an excel spreadsheet and aiming to reach 62 by end July...... spooky!!!! Let's keep each other honest!
Cheers
Z

Mary said...

They're pretty reasonable goals and I reckon you can do it! Now focus you, or else :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Jadey said...

I somehow missed that you were starting on the 8th LOL I was logging in to send you a message to get moving now we are into the second week of the new year haha - of course you are ahead of me