My progress

Monday, April 2, 2007

It's bad, it's bad, it's really really bad .....

Got on the scales last week and saw that i'd put on even more weight. Got really cranky and instead of doing the right thing and continuing my good work I blew everything with a weekend of major junk food overload. You don't even want to know half the stuff I ate, it's so embarrassing.

Now this morning i'm even heavier than I was at the start of this year.
I'm fat.
I'm tired.
I'm exhausted.
I'm also angry, sad, disappointed with myself, pissed off and over it.

So, I started today with a weight of 79.2 kilos (so close to 80 kilos that it gave me a really big fright this morning), but i'm sure TTOTM is very close so that could be another reason for the gain. I still should be a lot lighter than this and I can't get over how i've let myself get back to nearly 80 kilos - i'm not very bright am I?? I can't believe I was 73.5 last year and I feel like i'll never get back there never mind get down to sixty anything point anything.

BUT ..... Today is a new day and I have started again (again, again, again, again, again).

To remind myself that i'm heading in the right direction here are the good things I have done this year:
  1. I have finally given up smoking (2 months, 4 days and counting) and I don't miss it.
  2. I have all but given up drinking and I don't miss that either.
  3. I have joined the gym and I am loving it.

Now all I need to do is not give up on myself, keep up the good work, continue with 4 days a week of gym, decrease my food intake (including no more junk binges) and I know i'll get there eventually, I just need to have faith and keep going and remember that I am worth it. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!!

11 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

So right.. today is a another day and you know how much you want it.. so you will do it!
You have eaten crap and feel like crap.. you know that you feel so much better for eating well..

Mary said...

Oh hon, just keep at it! Re-focus and remember why you want to do this. We all have off days and weeks but those bad times don't have to last. You really have had a tough time lately so take it easy on yourself. Make a plan for today and stick to it. One day at a time :-)

Suzy said...

Giving up smoking is a MAJOR, MAJOR Achievement!! Be proud of yourself. You have done a fantastic job with that.
You will achieve your weight loss goals too. Today is another day. Don't look back, just look forward. :-)

yublocka said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Bri. They are 3 major achievements for this year already, you should be v. proud!!

Anonymous said...

I often have days like this and just like you, I remind myself that every day is a new day to move forward. You will get there =).

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

ok Bri.... time to get serious girl... neither of us wants to ever see those 80's again!!!
Come on girl... lets move it and see the 60's.... I'm about the same weight... so lets do it...

Leighanne said...

I have been heading the same way lately...we can all do it!!!

Chris H said...

Bugger damn and blast... you obviously need the light bulb to go off again, as I do. One difference between us though, you have done the most amazing thing for yourself in giving up smoking and I take my hat off to you, that is one of the hardest things to do...EVER. I did it 18 years ago, and have never regretted it, and I don't ever feel like a smoke now.

Cinders said...

That's 3 mega changes right there. Junk food is crap and bingeing on it is not worth it. You can do this Bri x

Mel. said...

Hi Bri,
Don't beat yourself up over this, a lot of us have been doing this to ourselves and its time to refocus and look after ourselves.
You can do this and we are all here for you.
Chin up and have a good day

Zanna said...

Yea Bri, sometimes we lose a bit of focus - but the main thing I think is that you're aware of it so you won't go too far adrift. And perhaps it's just your soul telling you that you deserve a little something after all those tremendous achievements. In the big scheme of things - what's a day or two - you're adopting a lifestyle that will be with you for the rest of your life. Thanks for your lovely comment - once again! .... and it looks like you're giving the alcohol away too - you're just amazing!