My progress

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nearly there

We're nearly at the end of another week, the time is just flying by so quickly - maybe it's cos i'm over the hill now, but it feels like it was just Christmas a couple of weeks ago and now it's nearly May!! WTF??

I have been to the gym 4 times this week already and i'm going again tomorrow. I'll leave weekends for housework and shopping at this stage, although DH is off this weekend so I could go on Saturday morning, it's tempting. I'll see what time I wake up. We're going on a family shopping expedition on Saturday. I want to get a Heart rate monitor/watch thing. Any suggestions? We have some Westfield vouchers to use and I think there's a large sports store at the Westfield on the Central Coast so I might have a look there.

Eating has been good except for avoiding the lollie jar at work, i'm not having much luck with it this week. I am only having 2 or 3 lollies a day but they all add up. I'm going to try not to have any today. It's my own fault cos i'm the one who bought the lollies to go in the jar. Durr!!

My weight is steadily decreasing on the scales so i'm very thankful for that, I really thought I was going back up into the 80's there for a little while. Yikes.

On a 'pat on the back' note - I have been thinking for a while that I really should go and have a 'grease and oil change' at the doctors. There was a discussion about this on Mary's blog a while ago and i've been feeling guilty ever since then, so I finally went and did it yesterday. Yay me. It was nowhere near as bad as I remembered, although I haven't had one since my six week check-up after having DS so it's been a while!

OK, back to work now.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

I had my first "grease and oil" change the other week, first in 17 years!!!! Did not get good results - that will serve me right. Good on you for not leaving it so long. Hope you get better results.

Chris H said...

Coming to Aussy on 6 may, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Coffs Harbour and lastly Sydney.... 16 days in total! Can't wait!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done on having your "grease and oil change"
I have always kept mine up to date...
the discomfort to me would be nothing compared to not catching something early and losing the lot because of it.. So a trip worth suffering..
I hope you get your comp back soon... it is taking ages isnt it!!
I hope this means all your housework is all up to date... haha..

Kathryn said...

Nice going with the gym work!

You should check out the new breast cancer HRM, dunno how much they are but they are pretty pink :)

VegasGirl said...

Hi! I just wandered by your blog (you can blame Chris for that =0p )

Congrats on taking the inititive to go get your "grease and oil change" I've been telling myself I need to do it ever since reading Chris' blog, but UGH! I hate everything about it last time I did it.

Have you read The Secret? I just reserved it from my library, but there is a 3 month wait! lol. I'm wondering if I should go buy it.

Jules said...

Hey gorgeous, I was wondering where I had saved the link to your blog and just did a tidy up of my favourites and found you hiding down the bottom not in my normal folders. Slippery little blog!!

Hope you are having a good time and getting over the grease and oil change. Hope the mechanic wore gloves!!

Suzy said...

Sounds like you are doing really well Bri. I know what you mean about the lollies. I am having a bit of a battle myself lately with them. I think Easter gave me the taste again.
Good girl for having your checkup.

Coco said...

Sounds like you are totally back on track. :)

Congrats on all the gym work.