My progress

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another week with no weight loss.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Well, actually I kind of know.

I "only" went to the gym three times last week. Not so long ago going to the gym three times in one week would have been an outstanding effort, now i'm upset with myself cos I wussed out on Thurday with a sore throat and sinus (it was pretty bad) and I couldn't be bothered dragging my sorry arse out of bed.

My weight is the same as it was at my first official Curves weigh in (79). It goes down and nearly gets to 78 neat and then jumps back up again. I'm not sure why, except that i'm struggling to drink water at the moment (oh okay and my eating has slipped a bit).

I need to pull my finger out and get skinnier otherwise somebody in blog land is getting my Gwen Stefani ticket!!! (** see disclaimer below).

So, today is THREE MONTHS since I gave up smoking. Who would have thunk it! It's been quite easy this time. I guess cos I really wanted to, so even if I haven't lost any weight yet (but I will) i'm pretty happy with maintaining while all that has been going on. Yay me (* gives self pat on back *).

So, some recent photos, for those who are interested:


We've been building block cities. I build one every night (sometimes DH does it) and DS knocks it down on the morning. He loves it!!


This is my little ray of sunshine at a Maccas Birthday party today (about 10 minutes before he cracked the shits and I had to drag his scrawny little butt out of there and take him home, cos he decided to have a tantrum). He looks so angelic but believe me, it's all a put on!! If I had an extra hand I would have taken a photo of him when I was trying to force him into his car seat. He was doing that stiff body thing that 2 year olds love to do so much, whilst trying to scratch my eyes out and kick every part of my body at once. That would have been a good photo for his 21st album!!


Anyhoo, at Curves they have what they call a "6 week solution" programme which is about weight loss. It starts on Monday 7th and goes for 7 weeks (I know that doesn't make sense but who am I to question their intelligence!!). The first night is an information session. It costs $99 over and above what I already pay but it's cheaper than WW. I just feel like I need some supervision at the moment and any help is good help. In the brochure it says "you'll learn a safe and effective weight management programme for life". They track my progress weekly and give me a personal chart. It can't hurt I guess. I always apply WW points principals to meals anyway and although i'm not eating too much of the wrong thing I could do with some strict guidelines for a while to kick start my weight loss again. Oh and i've been having issues with portion sizes lately too, going to the gym just makes me so hungry.

Has anyone out there done this programme? I would love to hear your thoughts.

The only other news from my world is that we had a bit of drama at home recently. I came home from work a few weeks ago and the house was flooded. We put in a claim and we are lucky enough to be getting some of the damaged contents replaced. Thank goodness for Insurance. I don't understand why some people just don't bother with it.

Okay, I had better go and tidy up a bit. Hope you're all having a great week. Hopefully my good work at the gym will pay off soon and a whole heap of weight will drop off me!! I'm so sick of feeling fat.

** I probably won't really give away my ticket, but i'm trying to trick myself into losing weight so that I don't have to!! hahaha

9 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hmmm 79 hey... Come on girl... I need some competition here!! I hope this 6-7 week thing at gym helps you out...
Hope your throat is better!!

Kathryn said...

I was having trouble drinking water recently, just got to the point where I couldn't do it any more, so I got some diet water cordial and that did the trick.

Good luck with the 6 week program.

angelfish24 said...

That 6 week challenge sounds like a good idea! You can do it! It's so dang hard sometimes. I have trouble w/ water too except for after I work out. I'm trying the propel and other flavored waters. They are pretty good.
You don't want to miss your concert!

Suzy said...

Maybe you are losing fat and gaining muscle. Three times to the gym is pretty good going!
Three months without smoking! FANTASTIC! xx

Jules said...

LMFAO!! I had a two year old do the same bloody thing as we left the mechanics last Tuesday. She kept kicking the car out of gear from her car seat. I couldn't believe the anger in her. Little shit!!

Chris H said...

79 kilos ain't fat mate! I would kill to be that right now! And I loooove Gwen .... but she sucks live.... just thought I'd share that!

Chris H said...

AT least, I've been told that! You be the judge and let me know!

Health Watch Center said...

Hello Briony,

I am new here and wanted to say hi. You have a nice interesting blog...keep the good work going and keep the ticket with you...hahaha...

Fitness Health Zone

abc said...

Hey man, cute pics of the boy LOL He is so gorgeous and 'angelic' and so I would LOVE pic of him having a tanty and that stiff board thing - might need to enrol hubby for help with that. I think the 6 week 7 week program sounds great. You rock Bri!